Health providers validate Walkingspree’s technology-based walking program as the ideal employee wellness solution for their needs.
San Antonio, TX, May 10, 2011 – Walkingspree, a leading technology-driven prevention focused corporate wellness company, announced today several health industry companies have chosen Walkingspree’s USB pedometer-based program as a strategic component in controlling health care costs.
When developing a comprehensive wellness program for employees, including an activity based element is key. Participation is crucial in establishing the lifestyle changes needed to impact chronic health risks. Walkingspree’s result oriented walking program maintains participant engagement year over year, resulting in a healthy workforce and lower health care costs.
“It says a lot when doctors, nurses and health administrators within their respective health organizations are choosing our Walkingspree service to provide an effective corporate wellness program for their employees. And the renewals from our health provider clients exemplify our program’s effectiveness of sustaining health improvements to their workforce,” said Hiran Perera, CEO of Walkingspree.
These clients underscore Walkingspree’s ability to deliver a proven and measurable turn-key physical activity program. Walkingspree’s employee walking program is focused on long term sustainment based on positive reinforcement, fun competition and active social networking environment.
Walkingspree services health care companies from coast to coast, year after year. Some of the health providers who chose the Walkingspree program for their employee wellness include:
• Whidbey General Hospital, located in Washington State, now in its third year with the Walkingspree program.
• Excela Health which operates several hospitals, surgery centers, and other health care related services in western Pennsylvania and has a staff of more than 4,800 people.
• US Physical Therapy Inc., which operates about 350 outpatient physical and occupational therapy clinics throughout the U.S.
• Verisk Health, a leading provider of data analytic and risk management solutions for the healthcare industry.
• OrthoNeuro, an orthopedic and neurological diagnostic and treatment center with multiple locations in Ohio.
• Children’s Surgical Hospital, a large Academic Pediatric Surgical Practice located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
• Grossnickle Eye Center, Inc., a general ophthalmology practice with several office locations and an outpatient surgery center in Northern Indiana.
• ClinDatrix, a clinical research organization located in California.
Walkingspree is a specialized wellness provider whose expertise is to deliver a technology-driven prevention focused activity program for health insurers and corporate clients. Through customized online wellness portals and programs, clients receive measurable results and engage participants in a feature rich community. The company’s program – based on a USB pedometer to track validated steps, an active social media network, and interactive food and body trackers – typically delivers more than 50 percent employee participation and consistent year-over-year member retention. Results are healthier employees and a positive return on investment for clients. Walkingspree programs have been implemented by major health insurers, insurance brokers, Fortune 500 companies, small to medium businesses and non-profit organizations such as hospitals and schools. They also provide a wellness offering for the general public.
For more information, please contact:
Suzanne Salay, Marketing, at (830) 428-0375 or email@example.com